FLSA Status: Exempt
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Member Engagement Director
The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA) is the nation’s leading voice for respect, recognition and labor standards for nannies, house cleaners and home care workers. Through leadership development, strategic campaigns and alliance building, we are raising employment standards for the domestic workforce while building a powerful movement for social and global justice. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum. For the first several years of its existence, NDWA was solely a network of affiliate organizations, independent local domestic worker organizations. In 2016, NDWA launched a membership association to allow domestic workers around the country--including in locations where there is no local organization--to join NDWA, ensuring the domestic worker movement builds the power necessary to successfully advance an ambitious agenda and that worker leadership and dues payment sustains the movement. NDWA is currently made up of 70 affiliate organizations and chapters, and a network of individual workers throughout the U.S.
NDWA seeks a Membership Support Digital Organizer (English/Spanish Bilingual) to support members and potential members in becoming members, accessing their benefits, and accessing NDWA online spaces, including our website, remote programming, online portals, and others. This role will use online tools, with a focus on peer to peer text, email and social media channels, to support and communicate with workers, troubleshoot and triage problems workers are having, support and grow membership, and support overall digital organizing and member engagement goals.
- Support nannies, house cleaners and care workers to access and engage in NDWA online spaces, remote programming and membership association.
- Monitor NDWA’s worker-facing online presences; respond to worker inquiries and questions; respond to emails, texts, phone calls and other messages from workers and provide support on getting involved, accessing benefits, attending meetings, and other requests.
- Participate in the ongoing maintenance of NDWA’s worker-facing online properties including content updates and social media content development.
- Identify trends in worker engagement and requests for iteration and revising of engagement strategies, websites, content and online tools and tactics. Recommend the use of new technologies and improvements to our work.
- Support and utilize online tools to build relationships with new or current domestic worker contacts, especially focused on peer to peer text and online communities and groups.
- Maintain the integrity and quality of NDWA’s worker-facing member engagement online spaces through ongoing review and maintenance, quality assurance testing, updating out-of-date content and purging/archiving expired content.
- Assist in the execution of rapid response digital organizing, content creation and worker engagement.
- Write as needed for online ads, video scripts, websites, SMS, and email.
- Support with translation of digital copy from English to Spanish.
- A native or fluent and culturally competent Spanish speaker; excellent writing, translation and interpretation skills in both Spanish and English.
- Minimum 1 years online organizing experience or online customer service experience.
- Familiarity with peer to peer text or texting tools.
- Familiarity with use of Facebook and other social media platforms, as well as social media management systems and online tools.
- Experience with CRMs or technical support ticketing systems.
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to meet deadlines, work successfully in a team, handle supervision, and attention to detail
- Strong research and communication skills.
- Willingness to be coached, experiment, apply lessons and iterate on the work continuously.
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people as well as an understanding of the daily challenges faced by low-income communities of color; previous experience working with marginalized communities or domestic workers.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and one professional writing sample in English AND in Spanish to this platform. This position will remain open until filled.