Title: Senior Digital Manager
Position: Full Time
Reports To: Senior Director of Digital
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: 90-95k, based on experience
Start Date: As soon as filled
Work Location: Remote
About Caring Across Generations:
Caring Across Generations (CAG) is a national campaign working to make care more affordable and accessible at every stage of life, while ensuring caregivers - both family caregivers and professional care workers, people with disabilities and aging adults are treated with respect and dignity.
Founded in 2011 by Sarita Gupta and Ai-jen Poo (who were the executive directors of Jobs with Justice and the National Domestic Workers Alliance, respectively), we take an explicitly intersectional approach to our work, connecting the dots between the urgent need to build a strong care infrastructure and the need for bold action on immigration reform, gender, racial, economic and disability justice, and addressing the growing needs of our aging population.
Our campaign is focused on creating change in three ways:
- Fighting for groundbreaking policy at the state and federal level,
- Changing hearts and minds through storytelling and cultural organizing, and
- Build a powerful constituency for care through online organizing and convening a powerful coalition of state and national care organizations and advocates to transform our nation’s care infrastructure.
Caring Across Generations is seeking a savvy and experienced Senior Digital Manager to help lead our core digital work to build, engage, diversify, and build leaders from our supporter base.
As the Senior Digital Manager, you’ll be a thought partner to the Senior Director of Digital to ensure all our digital strategies and output are working to meet the organization’s engagement and development goals. You’ll use digital mobilizing, campaigning, and fundraising strategies to: shift traditional attitudes that view care needs as an individual problem; push for legislation that makes care more accessible at every stage of life; and, build our engagement program. You’ll be responsible for designing and optimizing multi-channel digital engagement and fundraising pushes. You’ll juggle planned, responsive, and ongoing core digital work – and never miss a beat in seizing opportunities to insert our narratives into the cultural zeitgeist. You'll partner with staff across the organization to drive data-driven, supporter-focused strategies that activate new and diverse audiences of people who give and receive care over time.
- Develop digital engagement goals, benchmarks, strategy, and output plans with the Campaigns, Advocacy, and Development teams for short-term responsive projects and longer-term projects that will enhance Caring Across’s ability to grow, engage, and fundraise with our supporters.
- Make key decisions about email, SMS, and website output by using insights from testing and performance data as well as relevant team members or organizational stakeholders.
- Drive our email fundraising program strategy with the Development team.
- Identify opportunities for high-impact, responsive projects that'll excite potential and existing supporters and can be scaled into larger projects with stakeholders from across the organization.
- Help oversee our ad program with the Senior Director of Digital and our vendor (who does the actual ad execution)
- Follow and test best practices and narrative innovations from the world of digital marketing for email, mobile, web, and action pages.
- Occasionally collaborate with storytellers, artists, and other external partners to co-produce content for our channels.
- Ability to inspire our supporters with a vision of a more caring world and activate them with imaginative on-ramps.
- Proactively communicate priorities, successes, and learnings.
- Take on digital team projects and tasks as needed.
What great qualities do you possess?
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in email advocacy and digital fundraising.
- A sharp analysis of race, class, and disability justice that resonates broadly to create culturally competent content – along with an understanding of how to create accessible content across channels.
- The ability to dream up bold ideas that grow our following.
- Solid understanding of digital tools and their application including, but not limited to, peer-to-peer texting, SMS, Zoom, Google Apps, EveryAction/VAN (preferred), WordPress, Squarespace, HTML, and Excel.
- Have a track record of using data and compiling digital analytics.
- Write in a clear and compelling way for supporters as well as staff members.
- Self-motivated, highly accountable to your team, and comfortable and effective working in a remote environment. Can balance need for high quality work with expediency to meet timelines and a diversity of priorities.
- When travel resumes, travel to quarterly staff retreats, occasional in person meetings, conferences, and professional development opportunities are likely.
- Fluency in Spanish is a bonus.
- Experience with ad strategy focused on awareness, engagement, and lead generation goals is a bonus.
- Some knowledge of the conditions and experiences of family caregivers and/or seniors and/or a person with a disability experience navigating our inadequate care systems is a bonus.
What we offer you in return and why you would love being a part of our team!
- We are 100% virtual
- Care is in our name, it is deeply embedded in our culture, our team is mostly current or former caregivers. We are fully supportive of your wellbeing.
- We offer a generous virtual office budget which includes home office set up and a cellphone, internet stipend
- Generous Paid Time Off and work flexibility, time off in the summer for a mini sabbatical, 15 paid Holidays, 12 days of PTO and 12 days of sick leave, Paid Family Leave and time off at the end of year (2 weeks which lead into the new year)
- 401k Match
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. Long Term Disability is paid by the employee at a very minimal cost.
- We offer learning and growth opportunities, (including an allowance for Professional Development)
- You have an opportunity to live a values-aligned work-life.
- Employee Discount Programs with discounts stores, travel and restaurants all over.
- A fun team environment, even while we are busy changing the world
How to apply
- A resume
- Answers to the following questions in lieu of a cover letter:
- What tactics would you use to grow an email list with quality supporters and donors without sacrificing authenticity and narrative cohesion? Please include a very short ad and email fundraising strategy. (suggested word limit: 200)
- Describe a time when you leveraged a moment in the world or “newsjacked” to build your list. (suggested word limit: 200)
- What are 4 strategies to cultivate supporters into becoming donors? Just looking for toplines here. (suggested word limit: 200)
- Please share a writing sample, preferably a sample of email writing for advocacy or fundraising.
Work schedule and organization details
This is a full-time, exempt position, with occasional evening and weekend work based on need. The salary is $90-95,000 based on experience.
Caring Across Generations is a project of, and fiscally sponsored by, National Domestic Workers Alliance.