FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Remote within the U.S.
Pay: $60,000-$65,000 DOE
Position Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Member Engagement Director
The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA) is the nation’s leading voice for respect, recognition and labor standards for nannies, housecleaners and home care workers. Through leadership development, strategic campaigns and alliance building, we are raising employment standards for the domestic workforce while building a powerful movement for social and global justice. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum. For the first several years of its existence, NDWA was solely a network of affiliate organizations, independent local domestic worker organizations. In 2016, NDWA launched a membership association to allow domestic workers around the country--including in locations where there is no local organization--to join NDWA, ensuring the domestic worker movement builds the power necessary to successfully advance an ambitious agenda and that worker leadership and dues payment sustains the movement. NDWA is currently made up of 70 affiliate organizations and chapters, and a network of individual workers throughout the U.S.
NDWA seeks a Member Engagement Digital Campaigner to use online tools, with a focus on peer to peer text, email and social media channels, to support and communicate with workers, troubleshoot and triage problems workers are having, support and grow membership, and support development and roll out of online programming.
- Utilize online technologies, specifically peer to peer text, social media channels, email and and other digital tactics and tools, to engage and deepen trust with domestic workers.
- Monitor NDWA’s worker-facing online presences; respond to worker inquiries and questions; identify, assess and act on trends in how workers relate to NDWA in online spaces.
- Maintain private member social channels, including community moderation and content generation.
- Identify workers and support them to get involved:
- Online in various digital channels and closed spaces
- In distributed methods locally in support of policy reform of benefit to their lives
- Locally with Chapters and in coordination with organizers, the Digital Campaign Strategist and the WeDream in Black team
- In conjunction with Member Engagement team, support the development and testing of online programming of interest to workers to engage and convert workers to membership and deeper activism, including online training, remote courses, campaign actions and other activism opportunities.
- Track worker engagement across digital channels and utilize analysis for audience understanding, targeting and refinement.
- Create and maintain weekly reporting, including data analysis and metrics.
- Write as needed for online ads, video scripts, websites, SMS, and email.
- Support with translation of digital copy from English to Spanish.
- A native or fluent and culturally competent Spanish speaker; excellent writing, translation and interpretation skills in both Spanish and English.
- Minimum 2 years online organizing experience, including experience with email, text and social media management.
- Familiarity with peer to peer text.
- Familiarity with use of Facebook and other social media platforms, as well as social media management systems and online tools. Direct experience with WhatsApp a plus.
- Familiarity with data-informed online organizing, including multi-channel digital engagement tracking, list segmentation, A/B testing and CRMs. Direct experience with Action Network, EveryAction and/or other advocacy platforms.
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to meet deadlines, work successfully in a team, handle supervision, and attention to detail
- Strong research and communication skills.
- Willingness to be coached, experiment, apply lessons and iterate on the work continuously.
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people as well as an understanding of the daily challenges faced by low-income communities of color; previous experience working with marginalized communities or domestic workers.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and one professional writing sample in English AND in Spanish to this platform. This position will remain open until filled.